A temporary increase of production capacity, for example with an extruder, could be of great importance for your company.
We can offer a (temporary) pre-treatment, fermentation and production capacity on different scales, in case there is a lack of capacity at your own facility. In our biobased production facilities, production of proteins, enzymes, metabolites or biomass (e.g. algae) with volumes ranging from 0.1 up to 200L, is possible. Depending on the type of application, process or scale, fermentation broth can be further processed (DSP) depending on formulation of the products (continuous centrifugation, filtration (micro-, ultra-, nano-), et cetera).
Our facilities include:
- Well-equiped laboratory (BSL-I containment level; GMO).
- Standard equipment for:
- small-scale cultivation of micro organisms, e.g. (shaking) incubators.
- analysis of fermentation samples.
- mechanically: extruder, blender
- fysically: ‘Vacuum explosion’
- chemically: acid, base, etc.
- Bioreactors with volumes in a range from 0.1 to 200 liter:
- bench top: 0.1 – 10 liter.
- ‘in-situ’ sterilisable: 2 – 200 liter.
- flat panel photo bioreactors for the cultivation of phototrophic micro organisms.
- bio-based reactors for (enzymatic) hydrolysis and fermentation of pretreated agricultural or
industrial side streams.
- Downstream processing (DSP):
- Separation by continous-centrifugation.
- Separation by filtration (micro-, ultra-, nano-).